Your cart is currently empty!
Last Updated January 15, 2024.
This swag shop was built by the team at Equalize Digital to share our love for web accessibility with the world and demonstrate building a low-code, accessible e-commerce website in WordPress.
We’re committed to creating accessible websites and are striving for Web Content Accessibility Guideline (WCAG) 2.2 AA compliance with this site. It has been tested with our WordPress Accessibility Checker plugin, keyboard navigation, and VoiceOver and NVDA screen readers.
Work In Progress
This website is built with the open-source WordPress theme Twenty Twenty-Four and WooCommerce plug. While building the site, several accessibility issues were identified and are in the process of being remediated or have been reported to the plugin or theme developers.
To follow along on remediation progress, please reference the issues linked below:
- Mini Cart does not return keyboard focus to the button that triggers it when closed.
- Mini Cart footer elements sticky on zoom and block content in cart.
- Price ranges not adequately described for screen reader users.
Individual Product Pages
- Gallery trigger incorrectly coded as a link and missing accessible name and modal information.
- Product gallery images on single product contain title attribute, resulting in unnecessary noise for screen reader users.
- Product gallery full screen status not announced to screen reader users.
- Product gallery modal doesn’t trap keyboard focus.
- Closing the product image gallery on the product single does not return users to the button that triggered it.
- Single product tabs missing aria-selected.
- Reset variations “Clear” button on product single incorrectly coded as a link.
- Clear button for product variations does not have an audible success message for screen reader users.
- “No matching variations” message not announced to screen reader users.
- Add a coupon button on cart page cannot be triggered with space bar.
- Change address button on cart page cannot be triggered with space bar.
- Keyboard focus not appropriately managed on the cart page after updating address for shipping rates.
- Buy with Google Pay Button missing focus outline.
- Return to cart link on checkout page missing for zoomed in users.
My Account Pages
- My Account nav unlabeled.
- My Account nav missing aria-current page indicator.
- Ambiguous view link on My Account orders table.
- My Account orders table should have row-scoped headers in addition to column headers.
- Address headings on My Account page out of order.
- Edit links on My Account Addresses page ambiguous.
- Page title and H1 don’t accurately reflect the page content in the My Account sub pages.
- Incorrect heading order on Edit Address page.
- Error messages on My Account page address and account details forms not announced to screen reader users.
- Success messages on forms on My Account pages not announced to screen reader users.
- Error message on login page not announced to screen reader users.
- Login form missing required indication for screen reader users.